A Game of Thrones celebrated its 20th anniversary this summer and in honor of that anniversary, Random House paired with George R. R. Martin and HBO to create three limited edition boxes. The boxes are available for a limited time on GRRMBox.com, while supplies last.
The George R. R. Martin Box Is Coming
The boxes contain collectibles, exclusive items, and a special, illustrated edition of A Game of Thrones, the first book in A Song of Ice and Fire. This edition is not available in stores and includes an alternate cover and a full-color insert of illustrations.
The Special Edition box is available for $75 and includes the most basic merchandise. The Limited Edition, of which 3000 were produced, is available for $200 and contains enough merchandise to please any Game of Thrones fan. Unfortunately, only 200 of the Ultra Limited Edition boxes were produced, and all have sold for $600 a piece.
Though the Ultra Limited Edition box is now sold out, the Special Edition and Limited Edition versions are still available for purchase.
Special Edition George R. R. Martin Box
The Special Edition box includes:
- Exclusive book: Collectible 20th anniversary illustrated edition of A Game of Thrones bound in eco-trim fiber, featuring gilded edged paper, color illustrations, color endpaper maps, and ribbon marker
- Exclusive HBO Game of Thrones t-shirt, featuring map of Westeros and sigils
- Exclusive reproduction of Robert Baratheon’s Will from the HBO series
- Living Language Dothraki online course
- Iron Coin of the Faceless Man from Shire Post Mint
Limited Edition George R. R. Martin Box
The Limited Edition box includes:
- All exclusive items included in the Special Edition box
- Dead Man set of coins from Westeros (previously unreleased) from Shire Post Mint
- A Game of Thrones: The Card Game with exclusive Daenerys card from Fantasy Flight
- Holiday sigil shield lights from Kurt Adler
- Exclusive Lord Commander Jon Snow and Queen Daenerys miniatures from Dark Sword Miniatures
- Exclusive Maester’s journal from Insight Editions
- Exclusive silk map of King’s Landing (2 feet x 3 feet)
- Exclusive keepsake printed box with GRRM insignia, individually numbered
All of the George R. R. Martin boxes are pre-packed, so what you see is what you get. Boxes are set to ship in early December, promising to arrive just in time for the holidays. These boxes contain beautiful artwork and exclusive items that cannot be found anywhere else, making them the perfect holiday for any Game of Thrones fan.
The sixth season of HBO’s Game of Thrones was just released this week, so be sure to add the Blu-Ray or DVD set to your holiday wishlist. Check out this deleted scene that’s included in the season’s video release.