Mass Effect: Andromeda is set to release in late March 2017 and has been a hot topic since its announcement back at E3. With the release date only a few short weeks away, it is time to get to know a few members of the crew of the Ark Hyperion. While Hyperion is mostly inhabited by humans, there are a few representatives from other alien species on board in cryostasis, as well as making up part of the crew.
Welcome Aboard Ark Hyperion
- Alec Ryder – Pathfinder of the Hyperion. Alec is a proven elite member of the Alliance Military. Alec has a son and daughter who are twins and are also part of the Hyperion crew.
- Sarah & Scott Ryder – Both have training and experience from the Alliance Military. While Scott specializes more in combat, Sarah is more skilled in scientific realms.
- Cora Harper – Second-in-command to Alec Ryder aboard the Hyperion. Cora has previously served in the field with a commando team of Asari. Thanks to this experience, she has earned field commander status of the Hyperion crew.
- Simulated Adaptive Matrix – S.A.M. is the ship’s Artificial Intelligence unit. S.A.M. has a direct connection to Alec’s sensory system, as well as a communication feed to all other members of the Hyperion crew.
- Liam Kosta – Considered to be a “jack-of-all-trades” sort. Liam has a vast amount of skills training. This makes him a perfect candidate for dealing with crisis events.
To view the Team Briefing Trailer, click here.
Mass Effect Andromeda Makes A Few Changes
Not only will Mass Effect Andromeda have an interesting crew, it will also change the play styles of the previous titles and add new approaches to how the game will be played. In a similar fashion to games like the Dead Rising franchise, players will need to find blueprints throughout the campaign to build armors and weapons. A few staples will also be absent in MEA – like the combat roll, Power Wheel and “sticky cover.” And fear not Mass Effect fans, there will still be plenty of romancing to be done during the game.
Will you be picking up Mass Effect Andromeda? Let us know in the comments below!