5 Comics Not To Miss This Week – 10/24/2018
The dedicated and hard-working comic fans here at Word of the Nerd have sorted through this week’s new releases to bring you in no particular order, 5 comics that you simply must read this week!
WONDER WOMAN #57
“The Witching Hour” part four! As Hecate’s new world is born, Wonder Woman is under the goddess’ total control! This is magic’s darkest hour-one of the most powerful magicians of all time may not survive!
- Written by James Tynion IV
- Art by Emanuela Lupacchino, Ray McCarthy
- Cover Art by David Yardin
From DC Comics
TMNT MACRO SERIES #2 MICHELANGELO
Michelangelo’s deteriorating relationship with his father, Splinter, reaches a point of no return! Will Mikey fight those he loves to save those who need him the most? An oversized special focused on Michelangelo that will have lasting repercussions for the character!
- Written by Ian Flynn
- Art by Michael Dialynas
- Cover Art by Michael Dialynas
From IDW Publishing
OVER THE GARDEN WALL HOLLOW TOWN #2
As Wirt, Greg, and Beatrice continue their journey home, they stumble upon a town amidst their fall festival, and everything looks wonderful… except the townspeople are all wooden dolls with hollow, painted eyes.
- Written by Celia Lowenthal
- Art by Jorge Monlongo
- Cover Art by Celia Lowenthal
From BOOM! Studios
THRILLING ADVENTURE HOUR #4
It’s time to send the little ones to dreamland and set your radio’s dial to “spooky.” Steel yourself for mysterious suspense in… BEYOND BELIEF!
Trading quips and tossing back cocktails, the Doyles take what they want and hoodwink their clientele for the rest. Ghosts, vampires, werewolves, mummies, even diabolical gingerbread men are nothing but obstacles in the way of the liquor cabinet for our fast-talking, hard-drinking sleuths.
Written by the creators of the wildly popular Hollywood stage show and podcast, Ben Acker and Ben Blacker (Deadpool, Star Wars Adventures), and illustrated by Phil Hester (Batman Beyond), The Thrilling Adventure Hour: A Spirited Romance is a rip-roaring adventure that harkens back to the heyday of old-time radio entertainment. Collects The Thrilling Adventure Hour Presents: Beyond Belief #0-4.
- Written by Ben Acker, Ben Blacker
- Art by MJ Erickson
- Cover Art by Jonathan Case
From BOOM! Studios
A SPIDER-GEDDON TIE IN!
• MAY “MAYDAY” PARKER, the original SPIDER-GIRL, ANYA CORAZON, the Prime Universe SPIDER-GIRL, and ANNIE MAY PARKER, A.K.A. SPIDERLING – together for the first time!
• May will do anything to protect her brother from the Inheritors, and Anya’s knowledge of the mystical Spider-Totems could save the day.
• But how does Annie fit in? And what chance do three girls have against ageless universal forces?!
- Written by Jody Houser
- Art by Genolet, Andres
- Cover Art by Yasmine Putri
From Marvel Comics
What 5 comics are you looking forward to the most? Do you disagree with any of our choices? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
To find a comic shop near you, visit www.comicshoplocator.com or call 1-888-comicbook.
Check out other comic book news, previews and reviews here!
Follow Word of the Nerd on
Bringing out YOUR inner nerd!
Advertise Your Cosplay On Word of the Nerd