Fear Hunters Volume 1: Nyctophobia
Hey everyone wanted to give everyone a heads-up on a new Kickstarter comic book project from indie comic creator Anderson Carman. Fear Hunters Volume 1: Nyctophobia collects the first five issues of his original series. It launched February 1st and runs through the 29th of February. Personally, I am a big fan of Carman’s work. I ran into him three years ago in artist alley at Heroes Con and got a commission from him. I really dug his unique cartooning style and his wonderful character designs.
Now I have three commissions from Carman at this point. I also picked up the first two issues of Fear Hunters from him last year. I can say, from what I have read of Fear Hunters, it is a fun, unique little story. It has some interesting characters and Carman gets to let his imagination run wild with some phenomenal-looking creatures. It also helps that Carman is a cool dude and you can tell his heart is in this project.
You can check out the synopsis of Fear Hunters and the Kickstarter below, or click here for the official Kickstarter page for Fear Hunters Volume 1: Nyctophobia
Fear Hunters Kickstarter
I’m Anderson Carman, and I’m making Fear Hunters Volume 1: Nyctophobia. But I need your help to print it!
- Fear Hunters is a 10+ graphic novel inspired by my love of creatures and secret agencies. If you like Monsters, Buddy-Cop Serials, and Men in Black, then you’re going to love Fear Hunters.
- Fear Hunters will be Soft Cover, 6.625 inches x 10.25 inches, 125 comic pages, and ~25 bonus art pages featuring work from the following talented artists: Amanda Semler, Lex Miniel, Ugis, Alex Wisehart, Raeonda Ramoutar, Stephen Jones, and Jared Bogges.
- The book is being written and drawn by me and is scheduled to be finished in March of 2020, and shipped out to backers by June of 2020.
I have been producing this project over the last year and a half and am very excited to collate the first story arc into a single volume.
The goal of this Kickstarter is to raise the funds for the printing of 100 copies of Fear Hunters.
I want to take a moment to share how the finances are being used.
- Printing will be ~ $1200 depending on the final page count of the book.
- Shipping all the rewards will be ~ $500. However, this number will change depending on how successful this campaign is and what rewards you, the patrons, choose.
- Fees are 10% of my total, currently, $200 but, once again, that may shift if we surpass the goal.
- Miscellaneous things will come up so I have built in a buffer of ~$100 but I am very hopeful that I will not need to cut into this too much.
If you would like to back Fear Hunters Volume 1: Nyctophobia or learn more about it you can click here for the Kickstarter page. There are a ton of cool incentives. The project is halfway to its goal. But there is plenty of time to still back it until February 29. If you want to see more of Anderson Carman’s art check out his website and follow him on Instagram.
If you know of any up and coming indie comics that you would like Word of the Nerd to feature or review contact us. We love supporting Indie comics!
We are looking for new writers! If you are interested in joining the Word of the Nerd team, click here to fill out an application