User Review( votes)
Welcome to the first installment of the new Word of the Nerd vlog series, Makeup Attempts! This week, we take on the look of everyone’s favorite lady commander if your favorite lady commander isn’t Anya or Indra. That’s right, it’s all about Commander Lexa!
A few things worth noting that didn’t make it into the video:
• After about 2 minutes with the full makeup on, it started to itch.
• It took about 15 minutes, 2 types of facewash, several makeup remover wipes, and a handful of bi-facil on both eyes to get most, not all of the makeup off. There’s still smudges of it all over my face.
• If I did this look several days in a row (I wouldn’t, see the point about the face-itching) I would run out of eyeliner/eyeshadow/gel liner in about 4 days. This is a very heavy look at it takes a lot of makeup.
• Products used on the eyes were all Maybelline. I used the black kajal liner, the smoky eyeshadow quad, and the color tattoo gel liner. I didn’t use all Maybelline for any other reason than all Maybelline products were buy one get one 50% off down at Rite-Aid.
• My face still kind of itches, to be honest.
Thoughts? Feelings? Recommendations for upcoming attempts? Leave ’em below.
Check out our other cosplay features here
If you are a cosplayer and would like to be featured, please fill out our submission form