There’s something especially twisted about kids’ worlds getting thrown into chaos by a demonic villain. Especially when a possession takes over their cherished and beloved possessions. Evil dolls and dogs, things that kids normally hug and laugh with, make for the creepiest of creepy monsters. But the apex of a kid-friendly character gone all wrong is the evil clown. And the apex of evil clowns is, without question, Pennywise from Stephen King’s It.
Originally thought up by King for his 1986 horror novel, It, Pennywise has been haunting the dreams of kids and adults for over 30 years. The 2017 installment in the It franchise was only part one of the franchise. It has definitely reestablished the red-nosed freak’s place among the all-time most iconic horror villains. And what’s not to fear? It is, after all, a sewer-dwelling clown that awakens once every 27 years to feed on the fear of children and we can’t wait to see him return to the silver screen in September 2019 for It: Chapter Two.
Like any good clown, Pennywise has a knack for one-liners. While they are far more likely to make your arm hairs stand up than to make you laugh, they’re nonetheless hard to forget. Here are the 18 best Pennywise quotes from his 30-plus years of terror. Keep them in your back pocket next time you dress up as It for Halloween and you’ll scare the living-balloon-animals out of all your friends.
- “I’m Pennywise, the dancing clown.”
- “I’ll take all of you! I’ll feast on your flesh as I feed on your fear!”
- “Beep beep Richie!”
- “Time to float.”
- “Tasty, tasty, beautiful fear.”
- “This isn’t real enough for you Billy? I’m not real enough for you? I was real enough for Georgie!”
- “Try to stop me and I’ll kill you all!”
- “You can’t stop me!”
- “Stop now before I kill you. A word from the wise, from your friend Pennywise.”
- “Help yourself to a balloon.”
- “Down here we all float. Pretty soon your friend will float too.”
- “You look like a nice boy. I bet you have a lot of friends.”
- “Can you smell the circus Georgie?”
- “Kiss me, fat boy!”
- “Excuse me sir, do you have Prince Albert in a can? You do? Well you better let the poor guy out! A-ha! A-ha! A-ha!”
- “I’m every nightmare you’ve ever had!”
- “I am the eater of worlds, and of children. And you are next!”
- “Let go. Be afraid. You all taste so much better when you’re afraid.”